Whilst parents’ face challenges in all stages of a child’s development, one of the most challenging stage is when their child transitions to High School. During this time, developing teens are busy searching for their true identity, trying to work out who they really are. In doing this, they encounter many challenges, which you, as the parent can be instrumental in helping them with.
This book addresses some of the focal challenges a teenager faces during these years and provides an insight to parents as to what they can to do counter them.
The following topics are addressed:
- Transitioning from Primary to High School
- When to Hold on and When to let go
- Breakdown in Communication
- Effective Communication
- Effect Stress Has on Children
- High School Bullying
- Dangers of internet for impressionable for teens
- Cyber Bullying and chat room dangers
- Why teens self-harm
- Dating-teen parties
- Causes of sexual promiscuity
- Peer Pressure – body image,
- Symptoms and Signs of Anorexia
- Smoking and drugs – some telltale signs
- Tattoos and body piercing
All this and much, much more…
IMAGINE your relief when you have the insight to problems a teenager encounters and you know beforehand how to deal with these challenges when your adolescent struggles with the issues new millennium teenagers face.